Help Desk Specialist I
Abacus Solutions Group: We are difference-makers, passionate about serving, we work hard with integrity, and strive to do the right thing. We look at every opportunity as a chance to make a difference. We are constantly looking for ways to serve our customers and coworkers. We consistently ask, “Does this decision align with our morals and ethics?” It’s important that all our employees embrace these core values as we hire, review, reward, and recognize our teammates based upon them.
Position Overview: We’re hiring for a Help Desk Specialist Level 1 to work at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in Brunswick, Ga. In this position you’ll become part of technically diverse team to include but not limited to other Help Desk Specialists, Network Engineers, System Administrators, and Database Professionals. Together this team provides IT Operations and Support to the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center which is responsible for training Law Enforcement Professionals from over 90 different agencies.
- Provide support to end-user computing equipment, software applications, and infrastructure support
- Troubleshoot and communicate with end-users via software tools, telephone, or in-person
- Install and/or replace end-user computing equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance work on end-user computing equipment
- Maintain accurate records of software/hardware installation and relocation
- Interact with network infrastructure, applications, and other IT experts to resolve and/or identify and correct the core problem
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must pass a Federal Law Enforcement Background Investigation
Required Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- 1-year experience troubleshooting software and hardware in a customer service role
- Excellent problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills using the English language
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Prefer candidates with an associate degree with an emphasis on Information Technology such as Network Administration
- Prefer Candidates with CompTIA Network+ or A+ Certification
Pay and Benefits:
- You'll earn an hourly wage $14.15
- We offer a wide range of medical benefits, employee resources and strategic discount alliances. These benefits include co-pay medical benefits, company matching 401K, Choice Time Off, Long Term and Short Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, and other ancillary benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.