Senior Network Engineer
Abacus Solutions Group: We're built on our shared core values! We are difference-makers, passionate about serving, we work hard with integrity and do the right thing. Difference makers means that we look at every opportunity as a chance to make a difference. Passionate about serving means that we are always looking for ways to serve our customers and coworkers. Working hard and doing the right thing with integrity means that for every decision we make we 1st ask “Is the decision consistent with our moral and ethical principles”. We hire, review, reward and recognize our teammates based on these characteristics, so it is important that you share these values to be part of the team.
Position Overview: We’re hiring for a Senior Network Engineer to support the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in Brunswick, GA. Telework is an option based on customer approval. In this position you’ll become part of a technically diverse team to include but not limited to other Help Desk Specialists, Network Engineers, System Administrators, and Database Professionals. Together this team provides IT Operations and Support to the Federal Law Enforcement Training Agency which is responsible for training Law Enforcement Professionals from over 90 different agencies.
- Plans, designs, evaluates, configures, maintains, and selects network operating systems / firmware and related protocol suites
- Provides support to technical network systems
- Provides in-depth assessment of customers' networked application needs, provides network modeling and simulation consulting, and engineers appropriate solution
- Creates and updates network documentation and schematics
- Recommends, schedules, performs network enhancements and upgrades
- Conducts network firewall/network infrastructure audits for compliance purposes
- Coordinates with technical and non-technical employees and clients to determine requirements
- Monitors / responds to network incidents, triages, and resolves the problem
- Performs analysis and fine-tuning of tools designed for monitoring network and system availability and performance (packet loss, network utilization, traffic flows)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must pass a Federal Law Enforcement Background Investigation
- 8+ years of experience designing and managing large enterprise distributed network environments
- Expertise in the following networking technologies and standards: IP Routing, Traffic engineering, QoS, Multicasting, Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), DCI (datacenter interconnect), DCI (datacenter interconnects), Overlay technologies
- Expert knowledge and proven experience with Cisco routing (ISR, ASR, NCS), Cisco/Arista/Aruba data center switching (NX-OS, AOS, Aruba OS-CX) and routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF)
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, load-balancing and firewall segmentation services
Required Education and Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field of study; Experience may substitute for the Degree
- Must have one of the following Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCIS, JNCIE, VCP-NV or similar network-based certifications
Benefits: We offer a wide range of medical benefits, employee resources and strategic discount alliances. These benefits include medical/dental/vision benefits, company matching 401K, Choice Time Off, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, and other ancillary benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.