IT Systems Administrator
Abacus Solutions Group: We’re built on our shared core values! We are difference-makers, passionate about serving, we work hard with integrity and do the right thing. Difference makers means that we look at every opportunity as a chance to make a difference. Passionate about serving means that we are always looking for ways to serve our customers and coworkers. Working hard and doing the right thing with integrity means that for every decision we make we first ask “Is the decision consistent with our moral and ethical principles”. We hire, review, reward and recognize our teammates based on these characteristics, so it is important that you share these values to be part of the team.
Position Overview: We’re hiring for an IT Systems Administrator to work in Brunswick, Ga. In this position you’ll become part of technically diverse team to include but not limited to Help Desk Specialists, Network Engineers, System Administrators, and Database Professionals. Together this team provides IT Operations and Support to the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) which is responsible for training Law Enforcement Professionals from over 90 different agencies.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Provide support for File and Print Servers
- Install patches and releases
- Server health checks
- Server monitoring and reporting
- Recover and restore data
- Install operating system patches, upgrades, restores, etc.
- Install application Software patches as needed
- Complete backups and data retention of
- Provide after-hours cell phone and on-call support to respond to server outages
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must pass a Federal Law Enforcement Background Investigation
- Experienced with both Windows and Linux System Administration
- Familiarization with of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of Five Years comparable experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a closely related field; Experience may substitute for Degree
- Prefer candidates with one of the following Certifications: MCSE, VCP, Linux +, RHCSA or another related certificate
Benefits: We offer a wide range of medical benefits, employee resources and strategic discount alliances. These benefits include co-pay medical benefits, company matching 401K, Choice Time Off, Long Term and Short Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, and other ancillary benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.