Mid Field Service Engineer
Abacus Solutions Group: We’re built on our shared core values! We are difference-makers, passionate about serving, we work hard with integrity and do the right thing. Difference makers means that we look at every opportunity as a chance to make a difference. Passionate about serving means that we are always looking for ways to serve our customers and coworkers. Working hard and doing the right thing with integrity means that for every decision we make we 1st ask “Is the decision consistent with our moral and ethical principles”. We hire, review, reward and recognize our teammates based on these characteristics, so it is important that you share these values to be part of the team.
Job Summary: We're hiring for a Mid Field Service Engineer to work in ST Albans, VT . In this position you’ll be providing end user technical support to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You’ll have the opportunity to work on assigned open tickets in collaboration with the Service Desk.
Pay and Benefits:
- You’ll become a Full Time Employee working 40hrs per week minimally
- You’ll earn $22.30/hour
- We’ll provide a wide range of medical benefits, employee resources and strategic discount alliances. These benefits include co-pay medical benefits, company matching 401K, Choice Time Off, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, and other ancillary benefits.
- Resolve customer technical issues in a timely fashion in order to maintain their satisfaction
- Provide on-site support for deployment and security remediation functions
- Identify, analyze, and repair product failures
- Order and replace parts as needed
- Gather analyze, and report end-user support trends
- Provide desktop, application, and network application incident resolution
- Manage user installation and relocations requests
- Conduct scheduled and random electronic inventories
- Assist in receiving and receipting property
- Ensure laptops are properly encrypted; Encrypt laptops discovered without encryption
- Provide password recovery for encrypted device
- Assist in setting up presentation devices and Video Conference units
- Assist users with mobile communication devices (mobile phones, broadband cards, Blackberrys, and laptops) with incident support tickets
- Provide remote support services for telework/home users
- Identify and resolve hardware incidents and service requests of a consumable part
- Position is only open to US Citizens
- Before beginning employment, you must pass a Federal Background Investigation
Required Qualifications/Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience troubleshooting software and hardware in a customer service role.
- We’d like for you to have an associate degree in a related field of study such as Computer Networking, however additional experience may substitute for the degree
- Although not required it would be nice if you obtained an industry recognized certificate such as CompTIA A+ or Network +
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.