System Administrator III
Abacus Solutions Group: We're built on our shared core values! We are difference-makers, passionate about serving, we work hard with integrity and do the right thing. Difference makers means that we look at every opportunity as a chance to make a difference. Passionate about serving means that we are always looking for ways to serve our customers and coworkers. Working hard and doing the right thing with integrity means that for every decision we make we 1st ask “Is the decision consistent with our moral and ethical principles”. We hire, review, reward and recognize our teammates based on these characteristics, so it is important that you share these values to be part of the team.
Position Description: We’re hiring for a System Administrator III to work in Albuquerque, NM, and support the us Air Force Space Missions. You’ll become a team member in a Service Center that’ll provide premier front line support. You’ll have an immediate effect on the warfighting efforts of our nation to maintain U.S. space dominance.
Pay and Benefits: We offer a top tier pay with a full benefits package to include medical, dental, employer matching retirement plan, and more!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers.
- Coordinate, direct and perform complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedule installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitor and tune multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
- Ensure data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Plans and implement the modernization of servers.
- Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Conduct hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develop and implement new standards, policies, and procedures.
- Work closely with Network and Systems Analysts to help determine and develop the systems that will be implemented.
- Oversee first line of contact service desk technicians who support resolution of Customer technical issues and questions; supporting local and remote users via various channels such as telephone calls, walk-up, chat, email, and online requests.
- Follow Service Center documented policies and procedures.
- Identify, diagnose, resolve where practicable and communicates with higher Tier personnel to address problems with hardware, connectivity, network infrastructure, computer systems, as well as proprietary and commercially available software utilizing technical skills, historical database records, and knowledge base documentation.
- Maintain and update records in the Incident Management system to ensure closed loop issue resolution, incorporation of lessons learned and adoption of corrective actions in coordination with development engineering teams.
- Position is only open to US Citizens
- Must have fully active/adjudicated Top Secret SCI Clearance
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience performing computer hardware/software installation, maintenance, anomaly resolution
- Strong working knowledge of the latest Windows and Linux client and server operating systems
- Experience with VMware data center virtualization and VDI environments
- Proven hardware/software troubleshooting experience
- Proven experience providing effective and professional communication
- Availability to be fix and resolve critical issues at all times of the day
- Must have a DoD 8570 Level II Certification such as the CompTIA Security +
- Prefer Additional Certifications in Administration such as: Linux Plus, MCSE, or VCA for example
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study such as Computer Science
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.