Network Engineer IV
Abacus Solutions Group: We're built on our shared core values! We are difference-makers, passionate about serving, we work hard with integrity and do the right thing. Difference makers means that we look at every opportunity as a chance to make a difference. Passionate about serving means that we are always looking for ways to serve our customers and coworkers. Working hard and doing the right thing with integrity means that for every decision we make we 1st ask, “Is the decision consistent with our moral and ethical principles”. We hire, review, reward and recognize our teammates based on these characteristics, so it is important that you share these values to be part of the team.
Position Description: We’re hiring for a Network Engineer IV to work in Colorado Springs, CO in support of the US Air Force Space Mission. As a key maker on our team, you will provide information technology subject matter expertise with many facets of Networking Technologies. You’ll have an immediate effect on the warfighting efforts of our nation to maintain U.S. space dominance.
Pay and Benefits: We offer a top tier salary with a full benefits package to include medical, dental, employer matching retirement plan, and more!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the design, implementation, and support of LAN/WAN networks and systems.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of network system and service configurations.
- Document and troubleshoot network and system issues.
- Create and maintain network diagrams and documentation.
- Test and evaluate network systems and services to reduce problems and make improvements.
- Assist with the configuration, implementation, and utilization of NetScout devices and other network monitoring tools.
- Provide network monitoring, troubleshooting, and report during Missile Defense Agency (MDA) test events.
- Provide communications (Secure VoIP, Secure Chat) support during missile defense test events.
- Configure network endpoints to include workstations and audio/visual endpoints (IP addresses, EDID settings, audio adjustments, etc.).
- Position is only open to US Citizens
- Must have fully active/adjudicated Top Secret SCI Clearance
- 9+ years of comparable networking experience
- Excellent knowledge, skills, and abilities with Cisco routing and switching design and configuration
Required Certifications and Education:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a similar field of study such as Computer Science
- Must have a DoD 8570 Level II Certification such as the CompTIA Security +
- Prefer candidates with CCNA or higher Cisco professional certification
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.