Medical Appointment Clerk
Abacus Solutions Group: We're built on our shared core values! We are difference-makers, passionate about serving, we work hard with integrity and do the right thing. Difference makers means that we look at every opportunity as a chance to make a difference. Passionate about serving means that we are always looking for ways to serve our customers and coworkers. Working hard and doing the right thing with integrity means that for every decision we make we first ask “Is the decision consistent with our moral and ethical principles”. We hire, review, reward and recognize our teammates based on these characteristics, so it is important that you share these values to be part of the team.
Position Overview: We’re hiring for a Medical Appointment Clerk to work onsite at MacDill Air Force base, which is located near Tampa, FL. In this position you’ll provide patient appointment scheduling services to the beneficiaries at MacDill Air Force Base.
Hours and Pay: We are seeking a Full Time employee to work 40 hours a week between the hours of 7:30am and 4:30pm. Works days are Mon-Fri excluding Federal Holidays. This position will pay a total of $16.80 per hour.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule appointments in Composite Health Care System (CHCS)/AHLTA for primary care, specialty, and subspecialty medical care.
- Call patients or respond to secure messaging submissions to schedule, reschedule, and/or cancel appointments as needed, to include appointments for consult/referral specialty care within the MTF or at civilian facilities.
- Monitor the appointment request inboxes submitted through Family Health, Internal Medicine and Pediatric clinics and respond to requests.
- At least 6 months of experience in medical administrative role using either the CHCS or AHLTA system
- Must receive a CPR certification prior to starting work
- Candidates will need to have current immunizations prior to starting
- Ability to type 50 words per minute
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the English language
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must pass a government background investigation
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here