Tier I Support Specialist
Abacus Solutions Group: We're built on our shared core values! We are difference-makers, passionate about serving, we work hard with integrity and do the right thing. Difference makers means that we look at every opportunity as a chance to make a difference. Passionate about serving means that we are always looking for ways to serve our customers and coworkers. Working hard and doing the right thing with integrity means that for every decision we make we 1st ask “Is the decision consistent with our moral and ethical principles”. We hire, review, reward and recognize our teammates based on these characteristics, so it is important that you share these values to be part of the team.
Position Description: Seeking a Tier I Support Specialist for the Engineering, Development, Integration, and Sustainment (EDIS) program in support of the Enterprise Ground Services (EGS) task order service center team. The EGS Service Center team provides premier front line support to the development and operational communities of EGS. The EGS mission is to continuously deliver tactical C2 services, that when integrated with mission specific capabilities, will fully enable warfighting effects to maintain U.S. space dominance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide front line technical support and triage of inbound requests and incidents from local and remote users via walk-up, calls, chat, email, and online support
- Provide excellent customer service to the end user as the customer facing point of contact to IT Support to supported users
- Create and manage detailed tickets in the provided incident management system
- Accurately escalate incidents that cannot be resolved by Tier 1 to higher Tiers
- Perform account maintenance tasks including, but not limited to, user account provisioning, unlocks, permissions, and password resets
- Support commercial and customer specific applications and software
- Assist with set up, installation, and configuration of hardware and software, diagnose, isolate, and resolve issues with network connectivity, create, edit, and update documentation, instructions, and knowledge base articles
- Effectively determine when to escalate issues to specialist teams
Required Technical Qualifications and Experience:
- 1 Year experience addressing technical issues via in-person, telephone, email, and chat
- Experience with common software and operating systems
- Knowledge of IT support best practices
- Familiarity with government IT environment and administrative processes
- Familiarity with service desk tools, such as Atlassian Jira Service Desk or ServiceNow
- Availability to work flexible hours in a 24x7x365 environment
- Position is only open to US Citizens
- Must have fully active/adjudicated Top Secret SCI Clearance
Required Certifications and Education:
- Must have or be able to acquire a DoD 85070 Level I Certification such as CompTIA A+
Pay and Benefits: We offer a lucrative hourly wage with a full benefits package to include medical, dental, employer matching retirement plan, and more! We are an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.