Abacus Solutions Group: We're built on our shared core values! We are difference-makers, passionate about serving, we work hard with integrity and do the right thing. Difference makers means that we look at every opportunity as a chance to make a difference. Passionate about serving means that we are always looking for ways to serve our customers and coworkers. Working hard and doing the right thing with integrity means that for every decision we make we 1st ask, “Is the decision consistent with our moral and ethical principles”. We hire, review, reward and recognize our teammates based on these characteristics, so it is important that you share these values to be part of the team.
Position Description: We’re hiring for a Network Architect to workin Albuquerque, NM in support of the US Air Force Space Mission. As a keymaker on our team, you will provide subject matter expertise with many facetsof Networking Technologies. You’ll have an immediate effect on the warfightingefforts of our nation to maintain U.S. space dominance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply complex design principles and methodologies to ensure cost-effective and optimal use of resources and technology without jeopardizing network integrity.
- Collaborate with the network engineers, network administrators and other professionals to examine and evaluate network performance and existing network technologies and make changes where needed to increase security and efficiency
- Interface with management and vendors to develop and implement new solutions to meet business requirements.
- Design and manage the rollout of critical network infrastructures to support products and services, on both a strategic (long term) and tactical (immediate term) level.
- Perform analytical, technical, cost analysis and in the planning, design, installation and on-going administration and management of data networks.
- Ensure that network infrastructure is fully documented and performing as required by means of specific metrics and measurements.
- Position is only open to US Citizens
- Must have fully active/adjudicated Top Secret SCI Clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Network Engineering with fourteen (14) or more years relevant experience, Master’s degree and twelve (12) years or more experience, or PhD and nine (9) years or more experience. Additional experience may substitute for the Degree requirement.
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II certification such as CompTIA Security +
- Thorough understanding of modern service provider TCP/IP data networks using standards and technologies including but not limited to: MPLS, IS-IS, OSPF, BGP4, STP, RSTP, 802.1q, 802.1ah, ADSL2+, VDSL2, GPON
- Familiarity with the following technologies: Cisco 95xx and 6509-E, Cisco C7010/C5596 Nexus Switches, Cisco 55xx ASA Firewalls, DHS Compliance Checks, Software Defined Networking, SD WAN, and Network Monitoring Tools
- Developing IT Solutions in collaboration with engineering teams.
- Superior knowledge, skills and experience with Cisco routing hardware, software, protocols etc.
- Strong working knowledge of structured cabling systems, network facilities, electrical, UPS, etc.
- Ability to work alone as an individual contributor, as a technical lead and as a participant in a team environment
- Router, Switch and IP configuration experience is required
- Proven experience with Agile, sprints and DevOps concepts
- Experience working with a Scrum Master, Daily Scrum meetings, sprints and written deliverables
- Working knowledge of cloud service environments (VMWare, Kubernetes, VNFs, Docker/Containers)
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.