Medical Appointment Clerk
Abacus Solutions Group: We're built on our shared core values! We are difference-makers, passionate about serving, we work hard with integrity and do the right thing. Difference makers means that we look at every opportunity as a chance to make a difference. Passionate about serving means that we are always looking for ways to serve our customers and coworkers. Working hard and doing the right thing with integrity means that for every decision we make we 1st ask “Is the decision consistent with our moral and ethical principles”. We hire, review, reward and recognize our teammates based on these characteristics, so it is important that you share these values to be part of the team.
Position Overview: We’re hiring for a Medical Appointment Clerk to work on Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi, MS. In this role you’ll join our team providing patient appointment scheduling services to the beneficiaries serviced by the 81st Medical Group.
Pay and Benefits:
- Seeking a Full Time Employee
- You’ll earn a total of $17.46 per hour worked: $13.24 per hour as a base rate and another $4.22 per hour for health and welfare.
- We provide a robust benefits package including: Paid Time Off, Medical and Dental Insurance, Matching 401K, and More!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule appointments in Composite Health Care System (CHCS)/AHLTA for primary care, specialty, and subspecialty medical care.
- Call patients or respond to secure messaging submissions to schedule, reschedule, and/or cancel appointments as needed, to include appointments for consult/referral specialty care within the MTF or at civilian facilities.
- Monitor the appointment request inboxes submitted through Family Health, Internal Medicine and Pediatric clinics and respond to requests.
- Must pass a government background investigation
- Must receive a CPR certification prior to starting work
- Candidates will need to have current immunizations prior to starting
- Must demonstrate the ability to type 50 words per minute
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the English language
- Experience with office equipment such as: Personal Computers, Copiers, Fax Machines, and Telephone Systems
- At least 6 months of experience in medical administrative role
- Experience utilizing Composite Health Care System
- Experience with appointment scheduling
- Customer service training/experience
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.