Cyber Security Engineer III
Abacus Solutions Group: We're built on our shared core values! We are difference-makers, passionate about serving, we work hard with integrity and do the right thing. Difference makers means that we look at every opportunity as a chance to make a difference. Passionate about serving means that we are always looking for ways to serve our customers and coworkers. Working hard and doing the right thing with integrity means that for every decision we make we 1st ask, “Is the decision consistent with our moral and ethical principles”. We hire, review, reward and recognize our teammates based on these characteristics, so it is important that you share these values to be part of the team.
Position Description: We’re hiring for a Cyber Security Engineer III to work in Albuquerque, NM. In this role you will be supporting a US Air Force Space Project. You’ll become a team member in a Service Center that’ll provide premier front line support. You’ll have an immediate effect on the warfighting efforts of our nation to maintain U.S. space dominance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of an integrated team to architect, plan, configure, deploy, sustain, and upgrade COTS/GOTS and custom toolsets within satellite ground systems to meet Risk Management Framework (RMF) requirements
- Research and evaluate cyber capabilities and new security products against operational requirements and introduce them to systems in alignment with enterprise security strategy and conduct troubleshooting to resolve technical and non-technical issues
- Deploy and operate a wide variety of cyber infrastructure components, including but not limited to: Windows and Linux operating systems, ACAS, HBSS/ESS, firewalls, routers, virtualized environments, etc. in order to achieve and maintain system security requirements
- Team with system administrators and cyber security staff to conduct vulnerability and STIG scanning, patch management, flaw/deficiency remediation, and system Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) updates
- Develop and execute security control assessment procedures to verify conformance with control requirements as part of ongoing continuous monitoring and authorization assessment activities
- Position is only open to US Citizens
- Must have fully active/adjudicated Top Secret SCI Clearance
- Minimum of five (5) years experience performing cyber security related duties within the Depart of Defense
- Expert knowledge of NIST 800-53 controls and RMF
- Experience with one or more of the following: HBSS/ESS, ACAS, SIEM tools (e.g., Splunk), eGRC tools (e.g., eMASS), STIG implementation, SCAP Compliance Checker (SCC), Vulnerator, scripting tools (e.g., Python, Bash, Ansible, Terraform, PowerShell, etc.), SolarWinds, Palo Alto firewall
- Must have a DoD 8570 Level II Certification such as the CompTIA Security +
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study such as Computer Science; Additional experience may substitute for the degree
Pay and Benefits:
- Offering a $2,500 Sign On Bonus!
- Earn up to $51.50 per hour!
- Full benefits package to include medical, dental, employer matching retirement plan, and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.