Cyber Operations Analyst III
Abacus Solutions Group: We're built on our shared core values! We are difference-makers, passionate about serving, we work hard with integrity and do the right thing. Difference makers means that we look at every opportunity as a chance to make a difference. Passionate about serving means that we are always looking for ways to serve our customers and coworkers. Working hard and doing the right thing with integrity means that for every decision we make we 1st ask, “Is the decision consistent with our moral and ethical principles”. We hire, review, reward and recognize our teammates based on these characteristics, so it is important that you share these values to be part of the team.
Pay and Benefits
- Earn up to $51.00 per hour
- We offer a top tier benefits package to include medical, dental, employer matching retirement plan, and more!
Position Description: We’re hiring a Cyber Operations Analyst III to work on an exciting, fast-paced program in Colorado Springs, CO. We are looking for cyber security experts who desire to proactively improve our U.S. Space Force (USSF) customer’s security posture in an imaginative and holistic manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of an integrated team to implement, assess, and sustain cyber security controls for systems and applications within satellite ground systems to meet Risk Management Framework (RMF) requirements.
- Utilize COTS/GOTS, custom tools, and processes/procedures in order to scan, identify, mitigate and remediate vulnerabilities and deficiencies on Windows and Linux operating systems and various IT components and maintain the system Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M).
- Utilize a combination of automated tools and manual methods to audit systems, identify atypical activities, and respond in accordance with the system incident response plan.
- Create and track requests for IT components, conduct security impact analysis of proposed baseline changes, and participate in ERBs/CCBs to assess and communicate potential security impacts of proposed technical, procedural or operational changes.
- Develop and execute security control assessment procedures to verify conformance with control requirements as part of ongoing continuous monitoring and authorization assessment activities.
- Position is only open to US Citizens
- Must have Active Top Secret security clearance and ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Minimum of five (5) or more years of relevant experience
- Expert knowledge of NIST 800-53 controls and RMF
- Experience with one or more of the following: HBSS/ESS, ACAS, SIEM tools (e.g., Splunk), eGRC tools (e.g., eMASS), STIG implementation, SCAP Compliance Checker (SCC), Vulnerator, scripting tools (e.g., Python, Bash, Ansible, Terraform, PowerShell, etc.), SolarWinds, Palo Alto firewall.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a DoD 8570 IAM Level II or higher baseline certification
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related field and 5 or more years of relevant experience; Master’s degree and 3 years or more of relevant experience; Additional experience may substitute for the degree
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.